Welcome to the Clondalkin Heritage Trail Audio Guide. This audio guide will bring you on a journey to discover the story of this fascinating town. Along our journey we will encounter echoes of the past that is so present here in Clondalkin, and we will hear the stories of the people who helped to shape the town. Throughout the ages, the community spirit, strength and warmth of the people have helped to make Clondalkin a special place to live and visit.
Today Clondalkin is a suburban satellite town, situated just 10km from Dublin City Centre, however despite its proximity to the capital, Clondalkin has always retained its own unique character. This heritage trail includes stories about the centuries old Round Tower, St John’s Church, St Brigid’s Holy Well and Tully’s Castle.
This audio guide was produced by Abarta Heritage in conjunction with Clondalkin Round Tower Heritage Group with support from South Dublin County Council Endeavour Grant, Clondalkin Credit Union, Rally Round the Tower, Áras Chrónáin Ionad Cúltúir and Clondalkin Chamber of Commerce.
The beautiful images of St John’s Church and Graveyard and the Sandyhole used in our product picture were kindly supplied by local photographer, Tommy Keogh.
How to Access Your Free Downloadable Clondalkin Heritage Trail Audio Guide
Download to PC / Mac
To download your free Clondalkin Heritage Trail Audio Guide simply add to basket and complete the check out. The audio guide will download as a .zip folder containing the fourteen MP3 tracks that make up the Clondalkin Heritage Trail. Once downloaded you can copy the audio files to iTunes or your media player and enjoy!
Stream to Mobile Devices, Tablets and Computers
If you are on a mobile device or tablet, or if you would prefer not to download the guide, you can stream your guide for free using the player below:
- 01 Introduction - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 2:56
- 02 The Round Tower - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 5:39
- 03 St John's Church - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 3:11
- 04 Church Terrace & The Old Schoolhouse - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 2:01
- 05 Church of the Immaculate Conception & The Presentation Convent - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 5:25
- 06 Round Towers GAA Club - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 1:48
- 07 St Bridgets Well and Clondalkin 1916 Commemorative Garden - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 3:52
- 08 Tully's Castle - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 3:13
- 09 Clondalkin Cinema - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 2:07
- 10 Mount St Joseph - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 4:19
- 11 Clondalkin Library - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 2:58
- 12 Áras Chronáin Cultural Centre - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 4:54
- 13 Round Tower Visitor Centre - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 2:00
- 14 Conclusion - Clondalkin Heritage Trail 1:25