Kilcormac Audio Guide
Welcome to the Kilcormac Audio Guide. Nestled between the Slieve Bloom Mountains and the waters of the Silver River, Kilcormac is a place of stories. This audio guide will introduce you to the history and heritage of the town. We will also meet members of the community who have made this charming place their home.
This is a truly ancient landscape, and during our journey we will hear of the area during the unimaginably distant past, when people camped nearby around 9,000 years ago at the edge of a great lake. Our audio guide will walk you through history and you will hear the story of Saint Cormac who came here over 1500 years ago in search of a peaceful place who in turn lent his name to the town. We will hear about the Kilcormac Pieta which survived the ravages of Cromwell’s army and lay hidden in a bog for over sixty years. We will also hear the story of how Kilcormac became a hub of peat production in the 20th century and how as that business diminished a new amenity and wildlife sanctuary blossomed at Lough Boora in its place.
How to Access Your Free Downloadable Kilcormac Audio Guide
Download to PC / Mac
To download your free Kilcormac Trail Audio Guide simply add to basket and complete the check out. The audio guide will download as a .zip folder containing the nine MP3 tracks that make up the Kilcormac Audio Guide. Once downloaded you can copy the audio files to iTunes or your media player and enjoy!
Stream to Mobile Devices, Tablets and Computers
If you are on a mobile device or tablet, or if you would prefer not to download the guide, you can stream your guide for free using the player below:
- 01 Introduction - Kilcormac Audio Guide 3:54
- 02 Lough Boora - Kilcormac Audio Guide 6:42
- 03 Saint Cormac - Kilcormac Audio Guide 5:05
- 04 St Joseph's Community Centre - Kilcormac Audio Guide 2:15
- 05 Ecclesiastical Buildings in Kilcormac - Kilcormac Audio Guide 5:37
- 06 The Silver River - Kilcormac Audio Guide 4:37
- 07 Main Street & The Village Square - Kilcormac Audio Guide 5:23
- 08 St Cormac's Park - Kilcormac Audio Guide 5:11
- 09 Conclusion - Kilcormac Audio Guide 1:05